Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

This is how you begin...

:hugehug The first step to recovery is to stop using.We cannot expect the program to work for us if our minds and bodies are still clouded by drugs.Recovery is an active change in our ideas and attitudes.Freedom to change seems to come after acceptance of ourselves.Sharing with fellow addicts is a basic tool in our program.For anyone who wants our way of life,we share experience,strength, and hope instead of preaching and judging.With honesty, open mindedness,and willingness we are on our way to recovery.We feel our way is practical,because one addict helping another addict is without parrell.The only way to keep from returning to active addiction is not to take that first drug...If you are like us you know that one is too many,and a thousand never enough..

When I entered the program,it was many years ago, and I thought I would be fine after leaving the institution I was in.Unfortunately,I got high again 45 minutes after I discharged. I thought I could control my using..but I can't.When I got back in the program this last year. I checked into a rehab and I was determined to stay clean.And I have..it has been a long road and without NA and some wondeful people, I wouldn't have made it...today I urge you to take the chance...give yourself a break...get clean...I hope you will at least keep coming back to this,and all of my threads...look for them...we might have something in common...