View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Stewy, I struggle with some of the same things you are. I'm an introvert and my comfort zone is staying at home and not getting out much. I can and do "force" myself to get out of that comfort zone. But you can only do so much of that. I don't think you can really change who you are at your core. That's not a bad thing. It takes many different people to make the world go around. But if you are in a relationship where the other party is not so on board on who you are at your core that can be a problem. my wife and I have been married 6 years and we are totally different people. That has caused some issues but we're learning who each other are at their core and allowing each of us to be that person. That means sometimes we do and allow the other to do their on things. That's not an easy arrangement to work out. It takes two people to understand themselves pretty well and have the confidence in themselves to allow the other to be who they really are. Don't if any of this makes sense.
Yeah, that does make sense. Sometimes though, I think would I be happier out if myself a bit more. Then I just would most likely revert back to how I am.

I'm not so sure whether that is the key to me being happier. I don't feel altogether happy at the minute.

What can I do?