Thread: New Comer Here
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BellJar7

I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for the warm welcome and the words of encouragement. I checked in off and on throughout the day, and your encouraging words really kept me focused on my goal. Today was our church's Halloween festival, and it's the first time I've attended in 3 years where I didn't go home and drink (or think about drinking during the festival). It honestly felt kind of surreal and disconnected. I guess that's the "fog" that people speak of? I've also had quite a lot of stomach upset today which hasn't been fun. I'm a DIY kind of mom, so I took on the task of making costumes for 2 of my 3 children (yeah, the week I decided to get sober- not a great idea). I was SO grouchy and irritable this afternoon trying to get it all done. I was snapping at everyone, yelling at the kids, yelling at my husband.

Thankfully, he knows what I'm attempting here and he was supportive and jumped right in and helped me make a Peter Pan hat.

Thanks again for your support. Where on here is a good place for me to kind of log my day-by-day feelings and experiences, if there is such a thread?

BellJar