View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
OMD

Congratulations fellow 6 monthers!!

I think the tipping point comes when you don't ever think that drinking makes any sense, but not because it would lead to drinking more, but just because it doesn't make sense. On any level. What do I mean? We have decided to stop because the bad outweighs the good. Now, if no one else at all around us (ie society at large) was drinking we would quickly realise shamefully what a stupid thing we had been doing and simply move on with our alcohol-free lives like everyone else. Let's face it, none of us has withdrawal symptoms, or any kind of physical impairment because of an absence of alcohol. In fact it's the contrary, so in that scenario normal service would be resumed and we would be back to participating in society in the same way as everyone else.

But we can't just move on so easily because we are stuck in this completely distorted 'reality' concerning alcohol and so-called benefits. Because so many people have it as part of their lives and our societies now almost seem to depend on it at least in part to function, even having escaped we are still surrounded by it, one way or another, on a daily basis. Until we consciously or subconsciously stop yearning for alcohol we won't be free. But, the good news is that we can all be free, and immediately, if we choose to be. We just need to understand the big picture. I know this to be true because of my experience of going from never being without a cigarette to truly never being in want of a cigarette.

So, it seems to me that time will ultimately lead us to complete our understanding of the truth concerning alcohol. How long it takes is up to us.

Best wishes
OMD