View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Yeah...those who can drink like that...

I used to be frustrated with that. Mostly because I wish I was that way. But in reality, for me at least, I drank to feel good. And I've come to understand that I can't feel that good all the time.

If I find something that makes me relaxed or have fun, I want to do it all the time. I just need(ed) to learn how to do that without alcohol or drugs (illegal). The fact still remains....if I have "fun" or relax with a drink, I'll want that feeling more and more.

But back to topic. Kinda didn't get far off it I guess. It's no different than soda. I quit that too. But I do treat myself to one once in a while. Especially a good root beer, or when I go out on a nice dinner. It's funny...I get excited when info out to eat because 1. I'm going out to eat!! 2. I get to have a diet coke!

Crazy. Of course before it was all about the alcohol. Even where I went to eat was determined by how good their Long Island Iced Tea was!

Point is...I don't treat diet coke like I did alcohol. I enjoy it every once in a while. Social events, eating out, rewards. But I never have to have it.