View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gonzo51511

Originally Posted by Lennox View Post
Hi everyone....after a month of being sober back in may this year I found out some really bad news and since then I have been on a downward spiral! My drinking is out of control...I'm have started to do drugs when I am drinking now (something I would NEVER do sober) I am so ashamed! This weekend was the final straw. I was caught doing drugs whilst I was very drunk by my brothers partner who happens to be a police officer! She has said she will not say anything (after going mental at me) and has said she will not tell my family as what I choose to tell them is my choice. I think I needed something like this to happen to make me realise what I am doing is so wrong. I need help. I just don't know where to start. I have not drank now since Saturday night - so I guess my day 1 was yesterday (25th October) I know my brothers partner is so angry at me and I'm so frightened she may say something...we are all meeting over the weekend for a family function - i have already decided I am not drinking and maybe this will show her I'm trying to sort myself out! Everything is such a mess! My drinking is ruining me. I hate that I have this problem with alcohol! No body likes going out with me anymore as I get so out of control! I think I need a sponsor...anything to help me. I feel so alone in my head
Yes i would say you got a good wake up call and it certainly could have been much much worse. Now youve identified you have a problem so first step is addressing it. I strongly recommend AA. There you will get support and safe place to talk. If you are serious about getting sober, you may as well tell your family. They will find out soon enough. And admitting to other people (family) is huge step in recovery. It shows that you have a genuine desire to get better and do whats needed.. good luck