Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Lightbulb Step 12:"Having had....

Step 12:"Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps,we tried to carry this message to addicts,and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

We came to NA as a result of the wreckage of our past.The last thing we expected was an awakening of the spirit.We just wanted to stop hurting.This awakening is evidenced by changes of our lives.These changes make us better able to live by spiritual principles and to carry our message of recovery and hope to the addict who still suffers.The message,however,is meaningless if we don't LIVE it.....

Since I've been clean, I have to say, my life has completely turned around.Things I thought were never possible are coming true. I am beginning to really enjoy life and what it has to offer.These steps are but a guide.Everyone works them differently. But the point to the steps , are this....Your life doesn't get better UNLESS you want it better.Noone can get recovery for you...I'm not going to tell you a lie...if it were a perfect world I would still be getting high BUT it's not and the sacrifices are too great. This world isn't perfect and it's never going to be...IT'S ONLY WHAT I MAKE OF IT!...with that, I will keep coming back...

Last edited by sarahjangel1; 06-20-2005 at 04:25 PM. Reason: misspelling