View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

butterfly, why not put yourself on a MAN BAN.....give yourself the freedom and space to work on YOU. give yourself TIME to find things that bring you joy, to discover what you like and what you don't. take yourself on little adventures......try sushi or try rock climbing or take up an adult ed class? cooking class, hiking club, art class. maybe repaint your bedroom?

a great book i have read twice now is The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, it's about way more than JUST tidying the home......her underlying method is to have only those things in our lives that bring us JOY. while i'm no where near finished with my personal tidying adventure, it definitely has made a difference in my thinking and in the things i have LET GO.

earlier this week i attended a work conference and was all worried about what i would wear. the dress-up work clothes just aren't fitting like they should and i realized the problem. if i didn't go get some new stuff that fit comfortably and i felt good in, i would spend the entire time feeling fat and awful and constantly tugging at this or that. so i got a couple new non-clingly, non form hugging tops and that made a HUGE difference.

i so wish i had applied this to the damn shoes. by the end of the first day i have to buy bandaids for all the raw spots and blisters. i finally ditched them and just wore my sketchers....while that was not exactly elegant, i sure could move with more ease!

in order to be comfortable with who we are, we have to accept WHERE we are and then adapt and accommodate.

i will never wear those damn shoes again. they not only don't bring me joy, they bring me pain. so what would be the point???????