View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Wolf,
Isn't it ironic the difference in the ease of acknowledging our alcoholism in pre and early recovery, and now, recovered or not? Good job in sharing. I like to think in telling another it can be done, I am making good use out of a useless period of my existence for a time. Tell the folks who spent their time on you too. I wish my main mentor, the one who had the most influence in my life were still for me to call. But I had my time with him. And then my mentor from the military. I would call him whenever I won another award for passing on what he did for me. I'd thank him, and blame him for my success. He was always aware of the chains he forged, and hoped we all made chains of our own and never broke the chain. Your mentors need to know when the force they set in motion changes a thing in the world, so they can also watch the dominos fall in the new pattern.

Tootds,
You are the woman's equivalent to a renaissance man! I am sure you will if you will it.

Mags,
Just remember that we fall back and spring ahead.

FBL,
I was 25 when Star Wars came out. But I was just as enthusiastic. I was a Sci-Fi geek all of my life.

I never watched Mad Men but may have to sometime. We went directly from mod 90s to mid 60s to mid 70s too. The yard is muck. When we went to vote yesterday I almost got stuck and left a 10 inch rut right in front of the door. Man this will be difficult to fix. Dirt and gravel trucks cannot dump where I need if but will have to back down the drive and dump where I can drag with my tractor after is dries enough to not sink it too. My drive is fine for anything, but we won't be moving the trailer again until next summer. I may figure a way to use it as it is facing forward and I can take it to Florida and then just leave it facing the rear if it gets firm enough to drive just the empty truck on.

I'm with you. IT was the shakes that made me realize I a=was a goner unless I stopped for good.

IP,
My SH still smokes but outside. I quit three packs a day when I quit drinking alcohol five years and a few weeks ago. I can now smell it on me when we go in her car and she smokes. I have no issues with second hand smoke because I did so much first hand smoke daily. Outside I don't mind being around smokers on break, or smelling it. I just don't want it coating our electronics and other things with a layer of sticky brown smoke goo. All of our stuff is new since we smoked inside.

Good for you on your decision to move to a rural area. You can breathe anywhere, but you can relax in full in nature given food and shelter. I like our semi rural area. But not further out. 300 feet in any direction is my place, five times that in one direction. But still five minutes to the Interstate, seven more minutes to downtown. It's enough.

Hey I found this pic of the original stars of Star Wars in civvies The tall guy is Chewie, the short guy is R2.