View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hey Over's,

Home watching my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers perhaps lose a football game, so I decided to pop a msg.

Looks like things worked out in the long run, IP...kudos. The pseudo attorney in me would ask that dufis landlord to put his concerns about my private life in writing and you will consider the alternatives...or, simply pay for the cost of my move in reduced rent, etc. Then again, you could just move on as it seems that you have done so nicely.

Itch man, reading your paragraph on downsizing made my head spin. My life is consumed with that task at present and it seems to get harder rather than easier. I want to get to Florida sooo bad, yet getting these final things completed has been difficult. I am so glad that I have someone moving in and at least a drop dead date of 1/1/16.

Based on that it might seem out of touch that I would want to add a new project to the mix. Well, that is exactly what I have done. Without forethought I decided to hit a Sunday morning AA mtg that I haven't been to in a long while. Plus, it is an hours drive.

Anyway, I went and being a big book study the story it was Chapter 6, Into Action - pg 72, I think? It relates to finally completing Steps four and five..."Admitted to God (HP for me), to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs". It goes on to say that if we skip this vital step, we may not overcome drinking.

Wow, I had become so complacent...I'll do this after I move...I'm 28 months sober. No danger here. Further, it talks about how ego and fear stand in our way. That is me. Then it talks about finding the right person and moving forward without delay.

I have the perfect person that I will meet tomorrow to set up a timetable to accomplish this task prior to moving. He is a trusted friend and mentor with a few decades sober.

Just having made the decision to move forward was such a relief. All of my slacking at program work by telling myself meetings were enough ended. Finally, I feel ready to grow my recovery in the same manner that so many before me have done so successfully.

Just grateful that I have the ability to recognize that a return to just my control of things is the same path that led to disaster in the past.

Enjoy the day, overs.

Carlos