View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
InParticular

We don't put our clocks back until Nov. 1.
So I'm moving.
My landlord hit me with this "chat" he wanted to have with me the other day, where he basically told me that he feels "weird" about people he doesn't know coming in and out of his house??!! This came on the day where I had a date, and the guy came in for awhile, and met my landlord coming in. (I enter through the back door which is shared, live downstairs in the suite).
He ended up saying that he's never had a woman living in the suite before, is used to just rig workers living there, isn't used to someone having a "home" in the suite and he'll have to get used to it. I've been living there for seven months. He actually said that he's wondered "what's going on". Like implying....what? He said that he realizes I'm just an adult person living my life and he can get used to it, but, I feel really creeped out about what he said and like my privacy has been violated, and it just feels gross now basically, and I'm really pissed off at my landlord! I thought he liked me living here, I feel really insulted.
Anyway, so yesterday I went and looked at this trailer out in the country, and I took it! It's adorable, an old 1950s trailer that's been renovated, it has all the original fixtures and cute kitchen wallpaper etc., and it's in the country! So I decided to check one more thing off my bucket list which is to spend a winter living alone out in the country surrounded by nature. There's a ravine right beside it with a creek, and aspen forest all around. I'm excited. It's a bit more expensive but, I think I'll love it. It has a woodburning stove, and it's bright, and has space to paint.
So I think I'm moving soon, like by next weekend.
I feel like this is an independence move, like I'm choosing a place for myself where I'll be totally self-sufficient, not living under anyone, I've always wanted to live in the country and it seems like a big move and kind of nutty but I'm doing it for myself, to find my own space. I think being alone out there in the woods for a few months will be good for me. (I plan to move to a city in the Spring; Vancouver or maybe Winnipeg.)
Also, my landlord smokes in the house like a chimney, and even though I've taped over all the vents it still stinks and I wake up short of breath sometimes. I can smell it right now, it's so awful. So this bad thing turned into a good thing! I have to buy furniture now.....
SW that's so cool that you helped that cab driver. It's funny the random interactions that can suddenly become important.