View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
gleefan

Thanks Undies.

WWS - I think one foot in front of the other, the next right thing, is at the core of sobriety and recovery.I've had goals before. I've met them. And I've still felt empty inside, focused only on how to reach the NEXT goal. When I stopped trying to predict the future and just listen to my intuition my life opened up to people, places and experiences that make my life so rich and full and lovely. You may be surprised and delighted where your one step at a time takes you!!

Sask - I can't remember if you've shared this before, but what's different about your sobriety now compared to the 13 year sober period?

Stargazer - It's a relief when people can relate!

Toots - I agree so much about vigilance. Early in my sobriety someone shared at a meeting that what worked for him was to not let a day pass without doing something to reaffirm his sobriety. I make a substantial investment in my sobriety every day, do something every day, whether it's reading and thinking about a passage from the Hazelden thought of the day, post on SR, talk to or text a sober alcoholic, or go to an AA meeting.

(((((BoozeFree))))))) - Keep coming back to us, Sweetie.

Fradley - It's a challenge to learn to get through the good times and the low energy days without drinking. It's worth the exhausting effort, though. At the other side is real sustenance, no cotton candy needed.

KeyofC - I have never had the opportunity to use the word honkytonk in a sentence, nor do I know what one is, but your description of treating yourself like one really got me giggling. I was exhausted til well after the year mark. It got better slowly, and every so often I'd lift my head up, look back and see that as tired as I felt, I was making progress. Me, being an alcoholic, wanted to find a fast track to healing with some kind of diet or exercise regimen. Ha ha, no luck. I had to let my brain and body recalibrate itself til it healed. Everyone's PAWS symptoms and timetables are different.

Carlos - Thank you, my dear sober friend!!

The interview went well. The next interview will be next week, and there is a quick timetable for the decision. I'll keep you posted.