Thread: Rejection
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tatertot

Hi 321,

Although my situation is not exactly the same as yours... I did lose someone whom I thought was my best friend for 25 years simply by telling her my true feelings.

In our entire time of being friends she always did little things that really hurt me... a lot. I never spoke up and said anything because the incidents were pretty few and far between, but after 25 years of resentments building up I thought I should tell her how some of her actions had affected me. I even said that I did not think that it was her intention to hurt me with these actions, but invariably that was the end result.

She responded by telling me that she was not sorry for her actions and she is who she is and I can take it or leave it.

I left it.

And honestly I am actually much happier now that I don't have to worry about her reaction to the things I do with my life. There is a lot less stress now that I don't have to walk on eggshells around her, which is how I came to act after being conditioned that way for 25 years.

I thought it would hurt a lot more to lose a supposed "best friend", but in actuality it actually made me realize how much of a friend I was to her but how little of a friend she was to me, and how little she valued me in her life.

I really hope you are able to move on with your life and as someone else pointed out, just thank your lucky stars you didn't make a major financial decision with her!!

Very Best,

TT