View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Venecia

Go for it on the ciggies, Jsbodhi! You can do it. You, too, Shabby. I try to be better about supplementing my admittedly inadequate diet -- women's vitamins, Vitamin D and fish oil. Your post is a good reminder for me to regulate myself better along those lines.

Shabby, I hear you. If I had to identify the No. 1 stressor in my life, it would definitely be my job. I tend to like it, but there is a boss who can be best described as "high maintenance." And needlessly so. I wish I had some brilliant words to share with you to help you persevere. The only thing I can say is that we cannot drink away work tensions.

Sao, here's a little-known secret about Americans and their purported love affair with "Downton": We've grown weary of it! It had so much promise but the lazy writing (redundant plots, poorly developed characters) has worn thin. But, yes, I'll watch the final episodes, I know. My friends in England actually don't care for it.

Cissy, what can I say! What you see is what you get. The way I write is largely the way I speak. But I'm a Yank, through and through. Born and reared in Wisconsin, though in Minnesota now for many years. And while Sao may think we talk the way they do in "Fargo" -- perhaps the movie, not so sure about the TV show -- we don't. Well, not much, don't ya know.