View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Midton

It's Sunday morning here and the start of a new week. I never drink/drank at the start of the week, it was never a habit , so my cravings are non-existent. Yesterday as I went to the gym at 7:30 I was so happy and felt so healthy. I passed a police car, and stared almost willing them to pull me over. I wanted to be breathalysed. My self-esteem is sky-rocketing.

As I lay in bed this morning just prior to getting up I had a fleeting but strong sense that I might just make it this time. I'll be honest here and state that I have had this image of me drinking with my inlaws on New Years Eve. Strangely enough last New Years Eve I didn't drink as I was too hungover from the previous night. Recently I've been thinking there is a good chance I won't. I know it will come down to a decision, a fork in the road, and I have to prepare myself to make the right decision. I remember in 2009 when I drank after reaching 100 days. The wine tasted chemically and I woke up slightly hungover but massively disappointed at blowing it. I want to avoid this.

Today the weather here is beautiful and I know I'm in for an easy few days regarding sobriety. A week today I will have reached 50 days, half way to 100. I am really looking forward to next Sunday and this milestone.