View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Soup:

Whatever vegetables are in the cupboard or fridge. Some meat, if available. Water, sea salt.
Can stop at this point, let simmer, adjust amount of water or sea salt, as needed.
Often adding garlic, olive oil, perhaps pepper or other seasonings.

Yesterday's soup:
1 red pepper, diced and sautéed in olive oil.
Chopped carrots, 1 1/2- 2 cups
Diced cabbage, 1/2 cup
1 15 oz can diced stewed tomatoes
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 cup ground beef (approximately)
water
Himalayan sea salt
dried parsley
a small amount of pepper
few dashes of cayenne pepper red sauce

Let the flavors of the vegetables do the work along with sea salt. If there's one thing I spend extra money on, it's good sea salts... then any bits of food can lovingly be combined into a delicious soup. Love and intent help, in my experience. Take out anger in chopping the vegetables, if the occasion calls for it. Add love into making the soup. Thankfulness for the ingredients tends to help, also. I've made a few soups that weren't a very good idea, but that's the learning process and giving up perfection.

This one used up carrots from a friend's garden, harvested in August and a small amount of cabbage that was under some bad outer leaves. It was a tiny piece of a cabbage head that looked like it should have been discarded, yet there was enough to add to the soup. I love celery and onion in soup, when I have it on hand.

Here's another:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-pot-soup.html