View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
InTheEnd

Congrats on 13 days. For me, if I even fantasize about a drink....all I have to do is think of the last 10 years before Aug 10th, and that shuts down any desire to pick it up. I was miserable, it was not fun and I don't miss it.

But mostly I'm here at least twice everyday (when I wake up, and before I go to sleep....sometimes more!) If I'm not posting....I'm reading. I keep myself busy and feel better than I have in many years.

As many have said here, you just have to accept it. Accept the fact that you can't drink, can't have "just one or two", you're not "cured" after a few days, weeks, months, or years and can now socially drink. That was the hardest thing when I tried to quit before, hence it never lasted. This time.....I accept it. Drinking is no longer an option on the table.

Everyone is different and may have different ways to get there, but we are all on the same path working towards a life without alcohol, reaching out to grab that silver lining of our sad, alcohol filled past lives. Hear what all have to say and and do for you what it takes.

Again, 13 days! YAY you! Keep up the good work!