View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Retread1959

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, but I have been busy with work, school, and also getting to know some people on a horse-oriented forum and spending a lot of time there since it looks like I'll be getting my own horse soon, and I have a lot to learn.

Sorry to read of all the struggles and difficulties and happy to read that some of us are doing okay right now. I'm one of the okay ones, just really, really busy trying to walk down parallel paths of sobriety, new business, school, and horsey stuff. It's a lot, but it's keeping me from thinking much about alcohol these days.

I have discovered these flavoring things you can add to a glass of water and I've been drinking that a lot. It's sort of like having the sweetness of wine, but it has sucralose (splenda) so it's low carb and won't affect my diabetes. I really like them as something to sip on in the evenings like I used to sip on my alcoholic drinks.

Let's see. Counting now. It's been 57 days since my pancreatitis attack and therefore my last drink. I have to say I am not missing it much. Now and then I find myself feeling that old pull toward it, but I'm doing well at tossing those thoughts aside, because I know what will happen if I do drink. Got a lot to live for, so I'm just not going to put myself in harm's way again.

Hugs and sober love to everyone here. I'm flying to the east coast tomorrow to visit my cousin and perhaps bring one of her horses back to California to be mine. We'll see how that goes. Hang in there, everyone!