View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Originally Posted by helpimalive View Post
Okay but, someone please tell me how to live the rest of my life without ever having another 1-woman beer and horror movie party?

I'm fixated on this idea and I'm starting to feel like it's inevitable that I'll have another one soon. I've been thinking of it on and off since the blood moon but it's very strong tonight, I can't make it stop. This is always the reason I drink again after I quit: I decide it will be fine if I do, I decide I'm under control now. No external trigger has ever bested me. I best me.

It's so funny. That very thought, that I'm in control now, is clearly out of control. This is insane but it's totally how my mind is working right now. I really used to love 1-woman beer and horror movie parties.
It's not inevitable! It's up to you. I think it's dangerous the longer you entertain the thought of it. Substitute Shirley temples for the beer. Or whatever your favorite nonalcoholic drink is. Sonic has like a thousand different combinations, I'm sure you could find something you like there. When I'm drinking and trying to do a movie marathon, I always fall asleep too early. Then there's the hangover the next day, I'm good for nothing, and I take the movies back having not watched them and wasted my money. No good. Try it sober, you might like it!