View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Layali

My plan is to eventually cut out most sugars and simple carbs. Actually, since I've already cut out wheat and most refined carbs anyway.....shouldn't be as hard. I haver to now work on cutting out most chocolates, white potato stuff (that's horrible for my blood sugar and alcohol cravings) and a few other things. My ideal diet is higher protein, healthy fats, veggies and some fruits, nuts, etc.

However, I can't cut all that out at once plus alcohol. It's too much of a shock to my system. I've tried it beefore, and I've always relapsed quite quickly because of that. But everyone is different. For me, I'm giving this only a few more days of the junk and I'm trying to transition to healthier stuff slowly, starting today....I just started taking all my supplements too. So yeah, in the long run, sugars and simple carbs are horrible for alcoholics and I've read studies that say that people who have given up alcohol but keep the sugars have a VEERRRYYY high relapse rate. So!

Anyway.

I'm physically feeling a bit better today - what a relief! Still not perfect though. And mentally, already my GAD is worse, and my depression too....well....all of it actually. It's come back with a vengeance, but, I know that it's usually not even this strong, and it's only this strong because of the alcohol. So, it will get better....might get worse first....but eventually it'll get better.