View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Originally Posted by kellymh24 View Post
Hi, guys! Today is day 10 and I'm feeling pretty good. Still playing the tape(s). Like many of you have mentioned, being in those environments where others are drinking of even thinking of times (like lunch outside on a patio) that make me want to drink have been hard. I totally have the jealousy thing. I see people going to happy hour and having cocktails at their leisure and it makes me really sad. But then I remember that those people can have a couple and go home. Me? I go home only after i've drank much faster than everyone else and only after i've stopped at the liquor store before reaching home. And there's a good chance I might go back before the night is up. And then, while those sweet little happy hour goers are long asleep, I'm still plowing through booze at 1am, passing out at 3am and waking up with a wicked hangover wondering how I'm going to function at work. All because I went to happy hour. (There's one of my tapes I play) I really am so thankful for the whole 'playing the tape' explanation. I've said it before, I know, but it really helps me get over the jealousy thing and pushes the cravings away. So something I recently noticed after my drinking.... When I wake up the next day, I'm congested. If I talk, just about anyone who knew me would ask if I was getting sick. And then, a day or two later, its gone. This started happening every time I drank up until my sobriety started 10 days ago for about 3 weeks. My ears also did this weird thing every time I hiccup/burp for a few days after also. I googled it the most common answer was that it is an indication of an alcohol intolerance (allergy). I'm 33 and have been drinking for well over a decade and never had this happen. All of a sudden I have an alcohol intolerance? Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?? So anyways, that being said, it sorta freaks me out and its actually been something that drives me to stay sober. I've been feeling pretty strong but between now and about 3 weeks it gets pretty hard. I'm just praying my mind doesn't try to give me a hard time in the next 10 days or so. Days 10-20... UGH What are the hardest days for everyone else when you're trying stay sober?!
That's a great, clear-sighted tape. And I agree with you: tapes are great. And I've never heard of them talked about outside of here.

I've had the congestion. I'd get it in the morning after drinking, like part of the hangover. It always made sense to me, since I and some people get basically a cold when going through withdrawal, complete with sneezing and cough. I never thought of it as an intolerance ... That's crazy.

My hardest days this time have been ... Ugh. I swear every day so far is harder than the one before it. The first few weeks were so easy. Things have gotten harder as I've gone along. I don't think that's normal. :/

In the past my hardest days were also more numerous the more time I had.

This is something ima try not to think about.