Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KidsEverywhere

Question about drugs that help with cravings

I've read through a ton of material on this board in this last week. One that is interesting to me is the different drugs available to help with cravings. Looks like there are several- some more punitive in that they make you violently ill if you drink, but I'm more interested in some of the others that some are reporting that take the cravings away. A few people refer to "miracle drug" that "I don't even think about drinking".
It seems like there are a lot of people struggling terribly with cravings, slipping up, etc. Why are there not more folks talking about trying some of these drugs to help? I'm talking about the post- detox drugs.
A second question, as I'm on my third day, I am doing well but seriously considering trying to get one of these drugs just to hopefully put any craving behind me- a perfect world for me would be to not have to think about drinking or it at least not be front and center. But my regular doctor is part of a group owned by the company I work for and I don't feel comfortable revealing that I want a drug to help with alcohol dependency. Is there somewhere someone can go and discreetly get a prescription for something like this?