View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Hey Troy, can't remember if you've mentioned this, have you thought about legally getting your status updated (vs stress of worrying that they'll find you?) taking care of it might be work you have to do in sobriety

Glad you like the ginger beer Benice! I'll have to try your mocktail!

Patricia great story about meditation class! I am inspired to try something like that too, I've wanted to. I do yoga, but my practice has waned.

More emotions last night. Not sure where they are coming from but I'm guessing this is part of my sober work. I've honestly not been an emotional person in the past, but now things have changed. Last night I was feeling scared about being alone. I know in my head I am not, but my heart felt so heavy. Feeling better this morning and I know I'll get through this with the help of my higher power.

I'll be traveling for the next 10 days on that business trip. I've already got my plan to say I'm not drinking for health reasons. I've got a little bit of anxiety because the group has seen me drink heavily in the past a time or 2, but I know with my fragile state right now there is nothing more important than sobriety. If they give me peer pressure I can handle it with my head high. All are professionals and dare I say even friends so I know even if they give me a hard time I'll be ok. And I want to enjoy this trip with a clear mind and spirit!
I'm nervous about travel, have done a decent amount in the past but it's been a while.....I'll be going to Japan, a dream of mine for a while. I'm lucky I get to go on my work's dime....

One day at a time everyone, proud of everyone for getting through the tough times!