Old 10-13-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Hi Loves - I hope I can offer you some answers here. My RAH is also OCD, has anxiety, and is bi-polar 2.

When you say that he has a mental health timeline that is eerily bi-polar could you be a little more detailed about what you mean? Could you also describe his actions as far as borderline personality disorder?

He recently withdrew from his psych meds (it was an awful thing to watch) and just started brand new ones. This is VERY disturbing to me. Mental health medications when being changed or stopped should be tapered, or replaced with a med that bridges the withdrawal. For instance sometimes an SSRI med will be replaced with another which avoids withdrawal, whereas if a patient is switched from an SSRI to a tri-cyclic antidepressant the SSRI will be tapered. Is there a reason why the meds were pulled in this way???

I'm also wondering what meds they are prescribing for the issues they have determined? I would expect something for the anxiety and there are a myriad that can be used which are usually going to be in the benzodiazepam family although some SSRI do target anxiety such as Paxil. I'm unaware of meds that target OCD especially Borderline as there is no med for that.

I am wondering if your RAH has been correctly diagnosed, and is receiving proper medications? Where the mental health ends and the aHole begins is only something you can determine if your RAH has correct diagnosis and is being medicated properly. He has been sober for 2 years and it sounds like he has been very difficult moreso in the past couple of months. With all that he is receiving as far as support, and his participation which appears to be very active, he is headed the wrong way, and that is a huge red flag to me.

My RAH was misdiagnosed for 10 years. Along the way we got Borderline, clinically depressed and a myriad of others that were WRONG until the diagnosis for BP2. When a patient is on the correct meds its almost like the curtains part and the sun shines in. My husband is not perfect by any means, and the BP does pop up here and there in the form or irritability and insomnia. Its manageable and livable for me and him. Your RAH sounds like in his mind its still a jumble.

If your husband really is Borderline I have another opinion as to where the Ahole begins (when they wake up). DBT is an effective therapy for that is that what kind of therapy he is participating in?