View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Originally Posted by grizzlybearblue View Post
Haha, Help, that reminds me of me watching the walking dead last night. I watched every episode religiously, a lot of them numerous times, but I was always drunk. So last night sober me was like, "I vaguely remember that happening...kinda...I think...". Thank you for the poems! That was some interesting insight. I'm pretty happy today. Usually that would scare me then I would proceed to sabotage the s**t outta myself. For a long time I was afraid of being happy. I would think, "no, you're not really that happy, you gotta take it down a few notches" (maybe it was more of a subconscious thought, but it was there). I figured my happiness was very fleeting g so I had better not get used to it. So in order to not get used to it, I'd sabotage happiness at its earliest onset. I'm feeling pretty good lately though, and I've decided to just enjoy the ride. I know I'm not always going to have happy days, and my days won't always be easy, but for today, "I'm riding the highs, I'm digging the lows cuz at least I feel alive" (Michelle Branch).
Re the walking dead: Right?!? I'm the same with Mad Men, but I don't think I can recommit to that. TWD I totally can tho

I relate to the happiness sabotaging thing, though I think for me I had a different reason. There's a part of me that doesn't think happiness for me is like ... authentic? Real? Me-ish? Like, why should I be allowed to be happy when I have neither perfected myself nor changed the world? Which is an insane-ass thought, because I'm probably never going to do either of those things, and I only ever made myself hate myself by wanting them; that led me to drink more, and that led me to be a person who was neither happy nor trying to accomplish things. So yeah, I have trouble with the idea of going with it when I feel happy, but I know I need to. I don't know if you relate to that at all, but that's why I nip my own happiness in the bud.