Thread: groundhog's day
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jenibean87

FeelingGreat:
No, I hadn't forewarned him. Didn't think I would need to as he planned to be home yesterday (his active addiction obviously interrupted that plan). I let him know today that he has unfinished business here with the move and needs to address it, or face the consequences, as I would not be taking over his responsibilities. He seems unconcerned, as of now. Out at his poker game, too drunk to drive home and likely too far into his bender to sober up and get his act together. He's not testing boundaries--he's too busy being a slave to the bottle.

Forourgirls, I am actually the happiest I have been in years...but no, I am not fulfilled by him. Most days, I don't even like him. A lot of that is resentment toward the fact that his relapse has ended our attempts to start a family (rightfully so), which is devastating to me. I stay because I am afraid that what my life will be like without him is worse than the mediocrity that it is with him. And, the classic fear that he will eventually sober up and live the life we had planned with someone else. Irrational, but very real fears.

And, now the tears start. I was so good all day...