View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
right now I'm content to just workon myself and hope the physical stuff will improve.
Blue - I think you're absolutely on the right track with this! When I started working on myself, my life started changing.

WWS - Great job on a month sober. I see your strong resolve. I'm so happy to hear that you feel strong in it too. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

BF - Lobster fishing sounds really cool. Take good care of yourself and get to bed early. Sounds obvious, but it's something I need to remind myself when I'm up late and lacking sleep. If I don't take care of myself, my mood drops, and with defenses down, there is room for the cravings to come in.

BixBees - Welcome! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Koc - I'm glad it went well, and that you're feeling so pumped about your success over the weekend. I've found it to be a helpful practice to add those successes to my gratitude list, then share my recipe for success with others. It helps me strengthen my sobriety.

Hi Amp!

Toots and Saskia - It's always great to get that loving support from you.

I didn't want to go to AA tonight. It turns out the person sitting next to me was feeling overwhelmed from her busy schedule, too, and didn't want to be there either. I didn't feel so alone after that, and it helped me open my mind to the reading and everyone's shares which lifted my spirits. I didn't feel as overwhelmed afterwards.