Thread: groundhog's day
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jenibean87

groundhog's day

Here we go again! Another move (this will be our 5th since we've been living together) and Mr. Wonderful is choosing to drink and hide in Vegas rather than participate. Once again, I am packing up a house all alone. Once again, I am deciding what comes and what goes. All while he misses flight after flight, shirking any responsibility, drinking and gambling away.

He knows that if he doesn't come through, somehow the people in his life with work to make it happen. To save him from the consequences. In years past, this person was me. But today, I am enjoying my beautiful day alone, without him. I have my clothes and belongings packed. What I am responsible for is done and ready to go. I am not protecting him from the consequences of his actions this time. I refuse to answer the phone to schedule movers on his behalf. I will not assure our real estate agent that we are ready to vacate. Nada, kids. If he doesn't call movers, pack his things, and sign the documents to get us into our new house, HE will be fined for failing to vacate the premises by the closing date. But guess what? That doesn't bother me one bit! I didn't want to move in the first place (love this house), and I don't care if I end up spending another WEEK here, at his expense.

I am putting on my crazy-person blinders and knowing that I've upheld my end. I am drawing my boundary and saying that I will not take over the responsibilities he cannot meet due to his drinking. And I will not feel bad/guilty/stressed about any of his choices anymore. This one affects him and him alone.