View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Cissy

Ribbit.

You are all 100% right and it's so nice to hear you say things that I can relate to so well. I have trouble believing that I can't moderate successfully. I tell myself that it's worth the effort to keep trying cause I don't want to be that kind of person who "can't" have something.

I have to change my perspective. If it's a "world of no", then I have to let it be a world of no more hangovers or cloudy thought processes the day after. No more looking in the mirror and seeing the whites of my eyes be so murky. No more money wasted (at least on booze). No more late night booze-induced drives to the McDonald's drivethru and eating with no control.

No more "lots of things." No more being the frog. Dee, I read that article (thanks for the link) and I could see that I've been the frog all my life, in many different areas of my life. I always say I have "analysis paralysis." Same idea as the apathetic frog, I guess.

I'm going to start today. I'm going to start back on my low carb eating plan today, too. I have so much to undo, people. I'm tired of being unhappy and trapped in an unending circle of bad decisions and their consequences.

Day #1 here.