View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Good morning,

Grateful, best of luck on the job.

Determined, I loved the post about it not being productive to expect others to improve your life.

Pink, what about tickets to an event for a gift? What about something to get next year's garden ready so the garden police doesn't come calling with her big mouth?

Ultra, you amaze me!

London, Choobie, Determined - thanks for the reminder that this volunteer driving is a good thing - I have been feeling really bad that I am not comfortable driving people in for chemo or radiation. One of my brothers had a brain tumor, and when he was treated at Dana-Farber he and his wife sometimes stayed with me in my condo when he was too weak to make it home- he lost his hair, his looks, so much weight that he was under 100 pounds, had a feeding tube, etc. That was in 2004-2005; he is fine today, but I think I have PTSD from that time. I just can't seem to get myself to do it, and that is what they need the most help with. But, I am driving many people for colonoscopies and eye appointments where they cannot drive themselves, and to Boston because they either cannot drive themselves or are afraid to drive into the city.

Yesterday I went to the Newport Playhouse with my two sisters and my sister-in-law. Last year when we went at this time, I was amazed that I thought the drinks looked great and wanted a few, while they reminded the other three of fancy desserts - this year, they held no appeal to me!

The library is closed today for Columbus day- no shelf reading, so I think I will go sit on the beach and read.

Have a wonderful day, my friends. Let's keep on keeping on!