Old 10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sleepie

Hi Polaris
My boyfriend is a very reserved person who really hasn't much connection with his deeper feelings and seems extremely uncomfortable expressing them. I always have to dig in and it's like pulling teeth to get him to say any darn thing and it leaves me feeling so sad and alone. There are lots of things written about this subject, maybe just do a little research on how to open up more? I think a lot of people struggle with it. I'm a pretty offbeat kind of intuitive person so this comes naturally to me almost to the point I feel I die a little death if I can't express myself or express myself inaccurately. I'm also a very affectionate person and it is important that it's reciprocated or again one may feel left in the cold and as if they are giving and never receiving. BTW I'm an F dating an M.
Just a little sweetness goes such a long way and it does not have to be a big gesture really, leaving a little note or even a text sometimes just saying "Hey I was thinking of you" can go miles.

Also I agree with Soberwolf- if you get the hang of communicating and showing affection, affection being very different than sexual kind of attention (lots of guys seem to think they are one and the same) you will both be happy.