View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsHeather

He Can't Get Into Rehab

My boyfriend is an opiate addict, and has been making some genuine attempts to get into rehab. Every single place here in town has turned him down due to issues with his type of insurance.
I myself went to rehab over a year ago to treat my alcoholism. I've been sober for exactly 402 days :-)

Long story short, I found some black tar heroin in the bathroom last night. He's been telling me that he goes to meetings and talks to his sponsor all the time, and I havenīt believed any of this to be true. It's not true. He's still using.
I'm so mad, but I feel guilty for being mad. I would not be where I am today if not for my intensive outpatient program, and he cannot get into any kind of program. AA alone didn't work for me in the beginning, and I keep telling myself that I have no right being so mad at him since he can't get into rehab at all.

Deep down I know I'm making excuses for him, and that I should not be comparing his situation to mine. I just don't really know how to feel right now. I want to tell him that if he doesn't stop using that I'm kicking him out and were ending the relationship, but how can I expect him to stop using?