Old 10-09-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kallistia

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
protect and serve rant LOL i can only imagine haha. thats just crazy about the child support too. I hate hearing stories about men who dont want to take care of there kids sad. If i was unable to pay it i'd be like OMG what can i do to help etc.. i'd feel bad and sad and guilty etc.. Sounds like you got good attorneys. I find myself in predicaments in life all the time where i think UGG If i could just afford an attorney i could fix this!
Well, and women too, it really depressed me at the prior firm I worked at seeing just how many divorces and custodial issues boiled down to fights over money...that was pretty much it at the end of the day...the non-custodial parent worried about the money because they did not see it as supporting their child, they viewed it as why should they do anything to assist the evil other parent. I won't say all cases because I do not know, but I did witness time and again the children and the interests of the children just vanishing beneath tee problems of their parents. I fully understand the need for guardian ad litums - someone needs to look out for the child because their parents suddenly stop. All about one upping each other and getting the upper hand - winning the proverbial battle they seem to think they're in. It made me a little bitter and unfortunately I'm pretty quick to pass judgment on parents who avoid paying child support because of it.

I recall a case, our client dad was primary custodial parent with joint legal with the mom. Girl was in kindergarten and dad took her to have her hair done for the first day of school. Had some very nice mid-back micro-braids done on the child with hair that faded from black into a dark rose color and it was absolutely adorable - nutcase mom picked her up that weekend for her visitation and not only had the braids taken out of the girls hair but had her head shaved (maybe mom did it herself, who knows) because...wait for it...she didn't think her daughter was old enough for artificial extensions in her hair therefore her child support money was not going to go to pay for it and obviously dad didn't need as much as she was ordered to pay because he could afford an expensive hair style for their daughter. Because that's a completely logical and healthy thing for a child, much less a six year old child, to have to experience. Some parents, I swear, they make violence against them almost seem like an option.