Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Della and SL, thanks for stopping by to lend support and guidance. I wish you both an enjoyable weekend.

I know I can be unconventional, which doesn't necessarily make it easier on myself, but from the start of this journey I've made it a point to not shy away from social engagements, be they in my home or somewhere else. It's me that has to change and to date I haven't had any major issues. So while I will think of not drinking tonight, it's not going to be a major issue. Ironically, we were asked to bring a bottle of wine to our friends' house. I'm fine with that; I'm just not going to have any. It also helps that it's been a very rare occurrence, and never with this group of friends, that I've gotten peer pressure to have alcohol. More to the point I've rarely been questioned when I say I'm having a club soda.

So all is good. I'm going to go, have a good time, be sober, and wake up in fine fashion to do my final training run tomorrow AM before getting ready for our dinner guests.

Once again, Della and SL thanks for stopping by and I wish you both an enjoyable weekend.