Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Still dealing with my cold, but I believe the worst is behind me. Still, I'm concerned about residual effects when I'm running the marathon next Saturday, but worrying isn't going to change anything so given my lack of proper training and how I'm presently feeling I'm preparing myself to have to really dig deep to get to the finish line and I've also thrown all previous expectations of my finishing time out the window. All I want to do is finish the darn thing.

This weekend is going to be a very social one and I'm committed to not having any alcohol. I guess I don't really have to write that, but for some reason it helps at the margin. The lineup is tonight we're going out for dinner, tomorrow I'm running ten miles in the morning and then we're hosting the dinner party I previously mentioned, and we're also going out to dinner on Sunday night. All three social things will be fun and I'm looking forward to spending the time with all of the friends we'll be interacting with, but I would prefer that there was more spacing. Unfortunately, given everyone's schedule, if each of these gathering didn't happen this weekend it would be over a month before any of them could be rescheduled. Clearly, there are worse problems to have.