Thread: Not doing well
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Holds1325

Yes I totally understand my fault here! :P

At the same time with my life going in a thousand different directions at this point in time, a super stressful job, family, and other related situations its so difficult to try and keep things going. Yes I know, try and I have been trying as much as I can.

For my health at the moment, well not dieting strictly, yet, I currently am trying to clear up some problems I've had whilst drinking. These are inline with clear instructions from my Doctor,

As far as exercising goes, I'm not doing that too much either except walking.

Medication is something I just refuse.

So the "Turn Around" I am looking for is by continuing to stay sober while fixing things here and there as I can, keeping it simple, sometimes thats all I can do to keep my mind from going off the deep end.

In my earlier days of sobriety I jumped into all of this at once, medication even, counseling, diet, exercise, and I wore myself out to the core and made my anxiety worse whenever I had a slip. I eased it off, I can't sit there and eat veggies every single day because it makes me anxious waiting for meals. So i'll just focus on fixing deficiencies here and there. I biked everyday but that too turned out to be too much for my body to handle.

I was sort of an all or nothing type of guy (alcoholism go figure) and that's not working for me in sobriety as I have found. Small changes here and there is what seems to work and wont throw me into daily panic attacks, keeps me less worried that oh no I didn't do this and this for a couple days, does this mean I'm worse??? Things like that.