View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sobriiestote

Welcome!

This is the right place to come to talk about however you're feeling and write here if you feel like drinking too, it's helped me a few times just by typing and getting instant messages back, the moment has passed.

Don't worry about eating junk for now, the calories you're saving by not drinking the cider are going to outweigh or equalise that for now! Enjoy food, give in to some cravings to help get through the first few days. For me it was comfort foods, mashed potato, macaroni cheese, some instant meals, then soups, ginger nut biscuits, dark chocolate. Do a shop and treat yourself to a whole basket of goodies, just avoid the alcohol aisle.

You may feel a gaping hole to begin with just because of the time drinking took up - thinking about it, buying it, planning it, desiring it, actually drinking it, recovering from it, it was a full time business.

Find something to get engrossed in - films, tv, exercise, walking or just sleep if you can. I've been doing lots of that in the last 32 days and I've gone from 2 bottles of wine a night to nothing. I'm starting to not miss it and I'm starting to really enjoy it not being a part of my life. Can't believe that's me saying that, it was my best friend, my partner, my lover, my everything. Not anymore, pah!!!

Good luck : )))