View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by MrMuppet View Post
Hello I'm new to this board. It is obvious that my program isn't working as well as needed. I got my 1 year medallion--The third in 5 years --and a few days later I was crawling around sick from drink in a hotel room. Now I just need to try something new hoping it will help stay the hand of my alcoholism.

I'll be lurking the boards here looking for insight and once my eggs get a little less scrambled from my binge I may even chime in.
hi Mrmuppet, I've been a member for a little less than a year here, but lurked for a long time. Can't say I remember a case quite like yours. Its clear to me you are not addicted per say, to alcohol, but have a serious issue, regardless. I'm not a rocket scientist, but it would seem to me that there are some underlying issues at play. I'm probably out of my league here because I have read on this site that people with 10+ years of sobriety have relapsed. But going a year at a stretch and then drinking to the point brink of hospitalization seems unique. It's clear you can remain sober based on your track record, hopefully you can get over that 1 year hump. Wishing you the best, and support your efforts.