View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by MrMuppet View Post
@SoberLeigh-
I'm still working through getting the hang of forums so excuse me if I make too many faux pas.

I have been in AA for 7 years now. 5 years I have actually committed effort to. I have been to 1 outpatient rehab and 2 inpatient rehabs. I have gone through the steps twice and have had 3 sponsors over the years. I have also in the past received psychological and psychiatric help. I attend a weekly meeting regularly and occasionally go to another.

I always end up falling when under emotional duress that, excuse the pun, I bottle up. I am currently relocating and found myself with too much time on the road with feelings of abject loneliness. During the last three months I have also been overeating and smoking much more than normal. I just failed to recognize the precursors and ultimately surrendered to the "voice".

I need to try something new because I am fearful that I will drink myself to death during one of these yearly episodes. So the webboard here and an evaluation of my current health appear to be good places to start and shore up my foundation.
SR could be a great resource for you; it has for me! Read around the various forums; be sure to read the 'Stickies' at the top of each forum page; there is some great information in those threads.

Very glad you found us.