Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Glad that you were calm through stress; that is something I still struggle with.
For the most part I've always handled stress well and while I'm sure part of that is in my DNA I'm equally sure that some of it has to do with finding relief outlets. For me, as I wrote above, it's always been exercising. As much as I drank, it was never due to things not going right in my life; in fact if I had to venture a guess it would be that I drank more when things were going well. Weird, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Is your cold any better? Are you managing to keep it out of your lungs?
Thanks for asking. If I were to have answered two hours ago I would have written that I'm pretty much the same, but of late I'm feeling much better which really means less bad. That's a good thing and maybe I've turned the corner. I'll spare everyone the gory details, but I don't think it's in my lungs. Of course, when I ran my last race earlier this year I didn't know I had pneumonia so what do I know? Even if I continue to feel "okay" I'm sticking with my plan to go to bed early tonight.

ABIL Update

He goes to jail tomorrow. As he should be, he's nervous, and there's added stress to the whole family. Hopefully the ordeal goes smoothly and this can be a turning point in his life and he fully realizes how bad things have gotten. He's a smart guy so on some level he must understand, but......