Thread: Not doing well
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
sleepie

You know, I've still made it this far without drinking.
Wow. Very judgemental and harsh. I am under no obligation to be anyone other than who I am. I have my history, my experiences and my personality-as do we all. Despite being squashed for the first 20 years of my life by a sociopath sadist mother and physically abusive alcoholic father who beat me black and blue from literal neck to ankle- I have still maintained some small bit of who I am. If it insults anyone you are of course welcome to refrain from visiting my threads. I had to learn to be able to feel things like sadness or express anger without fear of major punishment- and that it's not only ok but well within my rights as a living, breathing human being to have and express these emotions- as growing up, I was severely punished for having a need or emotion.

All in all? I think I'm doing pretty damn good under the circumstances of my life for not having caved to the beer that's been sitting in the fridge for the week where I am staying.

I am not someone who takes without giving. Check my posts, where I visit "Newcomers" often, to give encouragement- not criticism.

End of the day? Thought this was a forum for addictions- some of us are bound to be a little less than positive- considering addiction, what leads one to addiction, and the the difficulties of fighting addiction.

I considered SR a place where I could be "real"- not like the real world where we must put on a good face despite what's going on.

Anyway, I didn't realize how many of you felt this way, but I suppose it's good to know.

Thanks.