Thread: Not doing well
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
He is testing me for ketones which I know is diabetes type one and that's from chronic pancreatitis which I am terrified of. I already have symptoms like peeing all the time and early diabetes so when I brought up the possibility of this he seemed to agree yes it's pretty likely. I never even had a chance at a good life, not being set up with a sociopath mother and an LD. Never even had a chance. Now that I got sober I find I will never have a chance, not even now. It is breaking me to pieces.

Hi Sleepie I am sorry for all the worry you have been through. Hopefully my post will alleviate some of that. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic which he did get from chronic pancreatitis. I am unclear if you have chronic pancreatitis, if you fear that, or if you fear being type1, or both.

My husband can lose weight, as many diabetics can, in the snap of a finger. When I say he can drop 5 lbs in a day it is not an exaggeration. There is a common, inaccurate belief that all diabetics are overweight, not true. We have several friends that are diabetic that are also thin like my husband, and can also drop weight very easily. I think you need to understand what it means to be type 1 or type 2. Unless you have sustained an injury to your pancreas you most likely are type 2 even if you go on insulin. I have not read through your posts to know if this has happened.

If you are in ketoacidosis this would explain your weight loss. When there is not enough insulin the body will start breaking down fat which is why you may be losing weight.

If you have to go on insulin, I know that it is depressing thought. It is manageable. There is nothing my husband can't do. We live a very normal life. He is healthy.

I am sorry for all the anxiety you have had this evening - and hope that you did get some rest.