Thread: Not doing well
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Never even had a chance. Now that I got sober I find I will never have a chance, not even now. It is breaking me to pieces.
I know what it's like to feel those catastrophising feelings , and to feel cheated out of the chance of a good life.

But you know sleepie there are 2 guys in my complex here who are wheelchair bound - they need help to do all but the most menial tasks.

They inspire me because they have every right to be bitter and bemoan their lot, but they don't.

They're grateful to be alive, living independently and managing their conditions and pain, and they try and make the very best of everyday.

They're not saints - they have bad days too - but they get through them

It's an awesome attitude and frankly it's one I aspire to.

You and I are both alive and reasonably healthy

Those guys remind me that no matter how bad things get, there really is a choice to be made by us - we can live in the positive or we can stay in the negative.

I don't expect you to suddenly smack your forehead and go "of course!!!...I'll be positive- thanks Dee!' and run off skipping and tra la la la-ing...

but it's worth rolling around a little in your mind. It really does make a difference
D