Thread: Gf of ex-user
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blue21

Gf of ex-user

Hi

I was encouraged by someone on another thread to post here. I have been dating this guy for a bit more than a year. I love him very very much. I found out that he was a user like 8 months into our relationship, and that he had lief to my face so many many times... it took about two months of arguing and trying before he went to re-hab... well actually he got a fright and went to re-hab. I cannot remember if i ever shared this on the other thread, but he got incredibly drunk and high one night. At the same time. He phoned me to come and get him (it was my birthday actually) i went and i knew that he was high and wasted the moment i saw him. As we drove away i said i was taking him to the police station. He got mad and screamed At me and grabbed the steering wheel, driving the car into incomming traffic. No one got seriously hurt. Just the car. Anyway, after that his parents found out and he said then that "he wants to go to rehab". I supported him all the way. He has been home for a few months now. Has a job. Functioning. However, before he went to rehab (when he was using and i didnt know it) he used to be very Very moody and manipulative, to the point where he made me feel guilty about absolutely everything. He was checking my phone everyday to see if i was cheating, would tell me that i have "Abandoned" him on days that i gave him lunch money for work instead of driving to his work at lunch time to take him food. I am busy doing my honours and working (engineer) at the same time so i cannot drive to his work to take him food everyday.. anyways... stuff like that... drop him off to play cricket three times a week but only stay for two of the games (2 days of the three days i drop him off) because i have to go to work... silly things... but somehow he makes me feel like crap about them
.... anyways... the manipulative behavior was gone for about a month after rehab... now its back... with a vengeance.... not sure if it might have something to do with drugs?

He used cocaine and cat in the past as far as i know. I am not sure if he is clean... if i ask him about it he says something in the line of " it's been four months you should get over it and trust me i am not going to pay for past mistakes for the rest of my life..."

Tonight he went out with one of the friends he Used to use with. To a bar they used to use at. But he claims the guy is clean.

Am i wrong for having this creepy feeling? I am trying to trust him but its hard...

Also, does anyone have some advice with regards to his behavior? Other than to run away?