View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberish

Congrats on Day 4, im on day 4 as well.

It's been rough but we can do this. I think you are a standup father for putting your children first. You are sacrificing your sleep, emotional stability, and your means of coping, and you are doing it all for them (and yourself as well). I say sacrificing because thats what it feels like, but in reality we are gaining something way better than these toxic substances can provide. We are regaining ourselves, something we probably truly haven't had for a while. This is hard stuff to do, I can barely get through the day sometimes.

This morning I had to force myself to eat something that's usually very appetizing to me, and while I was doing this my mouth was dry, my palms were sweaty, and my hands were shaking. Anxiety is no joke, it can overcome me at any moment right now. It has changed my daily routine and taken me two minor steps back, but that's all right because I believe when it all subsides I will be able to take two huge steps forward.

I want you to know that even if you can't function how you want or should be able to right now, that its ok because you own the bigger picture as long as you stay sober. You will look back on this and be proud that you did the right thing for your children.

Let's take day 5 and claim it as a triumph.