View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
GoesWithTheFlow

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Glad you made it through. It was necessary to change where I went, what I did and who I hung out with when I made a decision to not die of drinking poison daily.

Those decisions weren't not always easy - simply removing alcohol from my daily life yet going to the same places, interacting with the same people and doing the same things would have never allowed me to stack much sober time.

Around 6 months I met up with a friend at a franchise sports place to watch football - that was my first venture back somewhere I use to go.

Change is possible but as you aptly commented we can't just go to the same places!

Thanks for the post
I went sober for about 104 days before having some beer again. During that time after about five weeks I could go to friends parties or a bar/restaurant and have a soda. But the first month I stayed in because I was really weak. Once I made past my first month I felt that I might complete my three months. I did complete my time but then I tried control and that did not work. Now I am back at square one and I am struggling.

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
I am a professional musician and often must play in venues that serve alcohol. Booze is omnipresent and I have to find a way to negotiate the world with this reality. The way I do it is not to pick up that first drink. I wish you the best. Sobriety is not easy but it is wonderful.
Isn't that the truth! I can't escape the booze, we just got to learn to live with it. I am beginning to realize not picking up the first drink, even at a bar, is the key to success. That is the hard part.