View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GoesWithTheFlow

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
If your girlfriend says let's pop into the store to buy some food and they sell alcohol in that store, do you start berating her for "not doing her research"? You have a problem with drinking. If you don't drink the stuff, it's not going to affect you. It may be sitting close to you, in a bottle behind the bar or on the counter of a store, but it can't get you drunk unless you buy it and pour it down your throat.

That's the great value of having a plan to stay sober. But it's down to you, not your GF to sort it out.
I don't expect you to read all the post I or anyone for that matter post. But if you had read my previous post you would know that my weakest point is a bar. Me + walk into a bar = I drink; is how that equation works out for me. Everyone has different weak points, mine is a bar.

Walking into a store with booze is way different than being in a bar. For one, 98% of people at a bar are drinking alcohol around me. Its not on a aisle that I could avoid, its everywhere in your face, so that is not a valid comparison.

She wants to help me get sober then she should be more aware of where she plans for us to go; I don't make plans, I just go with the flow.

In the end if I drink, its on me. But you know what, when I drink I don't really care. She cares more about than I do...