View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MesaMan

To run with Jazzfish's POV, to be on here daily - as I am in Early Retirement - is Elective. A Choice. Like going to the Gym or not. I can read SR bits in the Grocery Stone Line. Waiting for Driver's License Renewal...

I simply can't sit around and listen to marginal 'Material' when I could be absorbing and thinking at a Higher Level. This is why I'm just not a 'Meetings Guy'. On SR, I get what I call 'A Daily Nugget', and it really might change my thinking. I can skip over Posts that don't elevate my Thinking, and Sobriety. I really like that efficiency. A lot. I reject straight away the idea that I'll get something from anyone I listen to. Or, that there's some 'Fault' within me I have to correct if I'm discerning. It strikes me as having a lack of Self Respect to not be selective about who, and which ideas, take my time, and might prevent me from instead absorbing truly elevating ideas to enhance my Sobriety. I simply don't buy the illusion that 'all thoughts are created equal'. Gimme the proverbial good stuff [Sobriety-related Thoughts]. Time's a wastin'...

Back in High School, when I was a '[W]ussy Tennis Player', our very-British Coach taught us that you only get better when you play someone better. I find that's also true when I hang with some truly Great Minds here. With hundreds of current, and Archived Topics/POVs here, the Statistics are better that I'll find something of high value, and Sobriety-enhancing, here on SR vs. elsewhere.

SR is not a 'either or choice' or conundrum vis-a-vis my etched-in-Stone BP. To position the question that way is a false option. No disrespect intended whatsoever...