View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PennyLane76

Originally Posted by Soberish View Post
I read all through the chapter the instructor was going to finish up because he ran out of time last week and he ended up jumping into the next chapter after the first 5 minutes! The classmate I texted earlier didn't message me back or acknowledge me in class so I tried to talk to another guy about studying together and possibly getting a study group going. He said he was kind of lazy and recommended I start a facebook page for that lol, then he literally just got up and sat in a whole different part of the class. Very rude but whatever, thats not my problem.

I'm going to talk to my academic advisor about switching this class for yet another easier class I checked out last week. I already made this choice for another class I was taking and now I'm going to try and do it again. I feel halfway like a failure for doing this because taking 3 easy classes just isn't my style. But I gotta bite the bullet and do what I have to do, its sink or swim and this class will make me sink.

It's my first quarter and I'm trying to settle in to a new place, gather all my personal belongings, make a new campus my home, take this hard class that I've already fell behind in, and get my mind in tact after quitting. Its a lot to take in and I think I gotta do what I gotta do, I only get this chance once and I have to do whatever it takes not to blow this opportunity.

You are becoming sober, moved to new place and school........taking easier classes until you settle in seems wise, not lazy.