View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

Originally Posted by LemonGirl View Post
omgosh!!! THANX so much everyone! That makes me feel so good to know that I'm on the right path... =)

Definitely no plans to move in together as long as he is at it. And the thing about drinking is that it will eventually affect me in other ways, and when or if that happens, I can make necessary adjustments then I suppose.... Even if for now he is keeping his drinking separate from me and my girls and his time alone. He's really been complaining a lot lately how when he is alone is when he seems to be struggling. I told him I understood and that he has many resources available to him if he needed it (insert me not rescuing him, here. lol).

I also made it clear over the weekend that 'I need to know he is going to work towards sobriety in order for me to feel safe about moving in with him...' And he agreed.... So... I put that out there.

I am living with my alcoholic mother right now and our lease is up next August. And no matter what, I am moving out then. I am looking into apartments and figuring out a plan that does not involve moving in with my abf. Time will tell how things might change, but I am not including him in this plan for now because my focus is on me.

I only work part time, but I am also looking into how to further my career. So maybe at first I will have to struggle with just me and my girls in a little studio apartment, but eventually, I will make this work. I am slowly getting over my fears of struggling financially... Turns out there are a lot of us going through that financial struggle! Can't wait to get my vote in (in the U.S.) next election!

I would be weary of moving in with someone who a) is not sober b) does not work a program c) has zero recovery time under their belt. For your sake (as well as your girls) I would tread very lightly in this until you see a noticeable change. Recovery/Addiction is a lifelong thing. You'll need to decide if this is what you ultimately want to consider dealing with forever...Sending you good vibes! Keep taking care of YOU